Developing the Young Workforce Perth and Kinross is a partnership between employers and education to help boost youth employment, improve our skills base and help our region grow.
Backed by the Scottish Government, we work on a range of programmes with many of our region’s 6,000 businesses, primary and secondary schools, Perth College UHI and other organisations, including the skills and voluntary sector. We also work with other young workforce groups in neighbouring regions and other parts of Scotland.
We have a great base here in Perth and Kinross, with many successful partnerships and initiatives already up and running. Some 95% of local school leavers go into employment, apprenticeships, higher education, further education, training, or voluntary work.
But we need to do more. That’s why £500,000 is being invested locally to ensure none of our young people are left behind. And to help more of our employers enjoy the benefits from supporting and employing young people.
Don’t miss out. Find out more about how we can help you and how you can get involved.
Developing the Young Workforce Perth and Kinross has a small, friendly and experienced executive team. They provide a vital link for businesses and schools to work together to engage, inspire and develop our future young workforce here in Perth and Kinross. Our team can help:
• Bring employers and schools together to build mutually beneficial partnerships
• Generate a pipeline of skilled and talented employees for your business
• Support you in working with young people with vulnerable or disadvantaged backgrounds
• Put you in touch with partners and programmes to help develop the skills of your own team
• Support employers to recruit apprentices and trainees
Get in touch and they can help you find the best way to get involved to fit your individual circumstances
The Developing The Young Workforce Perth and Kinross Board is responsible for setting our local strategy to:
• better prepare young people for the world of work
• encourage more employers to engage with education and recruit more young people
Led by the private sector, our Board brings together all of the key partners who have a role to play in making a positive difference. They include small, medium and large employers from key sectors of our economy, Perthshire Chamber of Commerce, the Federation of Small Businesses, Perth and Kinross Council, Perth College UHI and Skills Development Scotland, as well as organisations representing the third sector