benefits to PARENTS
We all want the best for our children as they grow up. More than ever in today’s fast-changing world, it’s natural to worry if they are ready for the next stage in their life when they leave school.
What’s the best next step for them? Will there be the kind of jobs they want? Should they sign up for more studies and get more qualifications. What about on -the-job training programmes?
The good news is there are lots of different paths to help young people get on the first rung of the career ladder. And the team at Developing the Young Workforce Perth and Kinross can help them and you understand the options, so you can decide together the best route.
By getting in touch, we and our partners can provide opportunities for you to learn about
- Current local career opportunities
- The benefits of Modern Apprenticeships
- Sectors and job roles that are expected to grow in the future
- Links that employers have with local schools and how they can help
- What life skills beyond qualifications that employers are looking for
- Businesses that are offering work experience, mentoring and other support
- The benefits of work-based learning
Get in touch and find out more about how we can help you.
When it comes to making career decisions, you’re one of the first people your child will turn to for help. My World of Work has information and guides so you’ll feel confident in supporting them.