benefits to YOUNG PEOPLE
Deciding on your future career, getting work experience to build your skills, and finding contacts to get help and advice can be a daunting prospect. You might also face particular personal challenges that make you unsure about your future.
Don’t worry. Developing the Young Workforce Perth and Kinross can help with all of that and more. Our team can provide you with a one-stop shop to help kick start your career.
We are in touch with employers from across lots of different sectors who are passionate about helping young people like you build their skills and get into work.
Our team can help:
- Keep you posted on job opportunities, apprenticeships and the many other different ways into your chosen career
- Build your confidence and the skills you need to get into work
- Provide information and tips on self-employment or starting your own business
- Put you in touch with employers who offer work experience that can boost your CV
- Give you contacts that be a sounding board and support you as you progress your career
Find out how you can get involved.
My World of Work will help you discover careers which match your skills, interests, education and experience. Tell them about your ambition and they’ll help you find out how you can work towards it.
Find out what your strengths are, and how they can help you pick a career that will suit you.